Entry ni takde kaitan dengan mana-mana trip aku sekarang ni. Sebarang trip dibekukan sehingga diberitahu kelak demi kelangsungan hidup di dunia ini. InsyALLAH.
Anyway, aku macam terpikir untuk buat satu entry khusus pasal itinerary. Maybe untuk kegunaan aku sendiri di masa depan tetapi sekaligus membantu kepada mereka yang ingin merancang travel trip korang ke Hong Kong mahupun Macau nanti. Walaupun aku tau ramai di antara kita semua yang dah penah jejakkan kaki ke sana.
What do you think of Hong Kong? Personally, I do like Hong Kong. Even tho it is really modern and busy city to live. But to travel vs to live is a two different things. Some people might not like it, but to some people it's a great place. I don't know. Kalau tak suka, takkan la aku sampai dua kali kan. Untuk stay kat sana untuk jangkamasa yang lama maybe tak la kot. The cost of living is toooo high in Hong Kong.
Anyway, let's start! Aku buat secara ringkas jela eh. Untuk cerita lebih terperinci korang boleh la refer kepada entry-entry yang terdahulu untuk tips dan tricks yang aku cerita. It might not be detailed as you expected but it will give you some backgrounds or guidance on what you will be experiencing in Hong Kong and Macau.
AirAsia ada terbang ke Hong Kong sebanyak 4 kali sehari. So, aku expect korang maybe amek flight awal pagi. Jadik akan sampai di Hong Kong dalam tengah hari camtu. It gives you about half day to explore Hong Kong on your first day here.
Owh ya, I would suggest for you guys to find any accommodation in Kowloon area, the best area would be "Tsim Tsa Tsui". It would give you a lot of advantages to get around Hong Kong especially on how to find halal foods, souvenir market, sightseeing and more.
What can you do in half day on your 1st day?
- Avenue of Stars to watch Symphony of Lights at 8 pm
- Ladies Market in Mongkok
- Sightseeing around Tsim Tsa Tsui
- There is a mosque at Nathan Road
- You can get halal foods inside Chungking Mansion
Depends on what do you wanna do on your 2nd day. This itinerary is just from my past experience while in Hong Kong. Maybe it suits you.
- Sightseeing at Avenue of Stars during daylight.
- Heritage 1881 near Star Ferry Terminal
- Take Star Ferry ride to Hong Kong Island
- Sightseeing around Central Hong Kong "the modern part"
- Take a tram ride to Masjid Ammar for halal dimsum lunch and solat
- Experiencing the tram ride while seeing the local activities
- Take a tram ride to "The Peak" to get the view from above of both side of Hong Kong
- Stay until dark at the Sky Terrance or visit the Madame Tussaud wax museum
|tram in Hong Kong Island|
|halal dimsum at Masjid Ammar | please be there before 3 pm|
|night view from Sky Terrance, The Peak|
If you are into theme parks, there 2 theme parks available in Hong Kong. There are Disneyland and also Ocean Park. I have no experience in Disneyland Hong Kong but I do have my own experience in Ocean Park. If you are about to ask me which one is the best park to visit? For adults, I would suggest Ocean Park because it has a lot of rides that I think an adult would really enjoy instead of kids. On the other hand, Disneyland would be a great choice if any parents would want to bring their kids or realizing their own childhood dream. Hiks.
So, Day 3 you can allocate one whole day at one of these parks. Your call!
Alternative for Day 3
If you are not into theme parks, there are other places that you can spend your day in Hong Kong. For example:
- Ngong Ping 360 located in Lantau Island
- Take a sampan ride at Aberdeen Floating Village
- Mid-Level Escalator
- Stanley Market
- Sightseeing again whichever suits you
|Ngong Ping 360|
Day 4Another place that you can include in your trip in Hong Kong would be to include Macau in your itinerary. It is simple because Macau is just 1 hour ferry ride from Hong Kong. There you go! Kill two birds with one stone katakau! Hahaha.
If you have limited time, Macau can be covered within one day provided that you start your journey early in the morning and come back to Hong Kong before midnight. Like Cinderella huh? Hiks.
Travelling in Macau I would say is quite easy and free provided that you are using the free shuttle services provided by most of the casinos in Macau. Their shuttle service can be enjoyed from Macau Ferry Terminal. And to roam around Macau would be easy but you need to walk. I guess so?
Places that you can go for sight seeing in Macau are as below:
- St. Paul's Ruins & Mount Fortress
- Senado Square
- The Venetian
- The Grand Lisboa casino
- The Macau Tower
|Ruins of St. Paul's|
|inside The Venetian|
|inside The Venetian|
|night view at Grand Lisboa casino|
Day 5Your last day in Hong Kong. You can do whatever you want in Hong Kong or maybe do some last minutes shopping before you heading to airport back to Malaysia.
If you are staying another 1 extra day in Hong Kong, probably you can visit Shenzen, China as well. You can go there via train straight from Hong Kong. But you need china visa to enter this country. Make you apply your visa in Malaysia. I heard that we can apply visa on arrival at the boarder but I do not have any further info regarding this matter.
*************************************Anyway, below are all the links for my Hong Kong & Macau trips that might be useful to those who are planning to visit these two places.
1st Trip in May 2010
- Part 1 - Avenue of Stars & Symphony of Lights
- Part 2 - Sightseeing in Hong Kong & Halal Dimsum
- Part 3 - The Peak
- Part 4 - Ngong Ping 360
- Part 5 - Disneyland & Mid-Central Escalator
- Part 6 - A day in Shenzen, China
- Part 7 - Going Home
- Tips | Accommodations in Hong Kong
- Part 1 | Avenue of Stars at Night
- Part 2 | Sekitar Avenue of Stars & Ding Ding Travels
- Part 3 | Heritage 1881 & Star Ferry
- Part 4 | Masjid Ammar & Halal Dimsum
- Part 5 | The Peak & Tram
- Part 6 | Night view from The Peak & Open roof bus ride
- Part 7 | Aberdeen Floating Village
- Part 8 | Ocean Park
- Macau #1 | Turbo Jet & The Venetian
- Macau #2 | The Hard Rock Hotel & Senado Square
- Macau #3 | Ruins of St.Paul's & Mount Fortress
- Macau #4 | Nightview at St. Paul's Ruins & Senado Square
- Macau #5 | Nightview at The Grand Lisboa & The Galaxy
- Total Expenses!